Using resources sparingly protects the environment in the long term and should become an increasingly normal aspect of our everyday lives. It is also important that what is not consumed does not have to be paid for – this can therefore save money.
TLG IMMOBILIEN strives to do what it can to positively influence the consumption of energy and water as well as the occurrence of waste water and waste in the long term and in doing so contribute to the protection of the environment. The tenants in our properties can also exert a significant influence. This website does not claim to be complete, although it does provide our tenants with basic, simple tips on how to conserve resources from day to day and refers to other dedicated websites containing tips and information.
We would also ask our tenants to call on their own employees and any sub-tenants to conserve resources.
- Pay special attention to ventilation and ventilate the room regularly as required, taking energy into consideration
- Avoid heating and ventilating at the same time
- Do not leave the windows open when the heating is on
- Keep doors to rooms that are less frequently heated closed at all times
- If you have an air-conditioning system, use the timer feature to heat or cool the room as required
- During the day, you can often do without artificial lighting in most rooms
- Use energy-saving lights or LED lights over conventional lighting
- When purchasing electrical devices, take note of low-consumption energy efficiency classes
- Check what electrical devices are actually necessary, and how many
- Avoid leaving electrical devices on standby when they are not in use
- Motion sensors and time switches provide electricity when it is needed
- Use packaging and cushioning materials sparingly
- Separate waste in order to lower the consumption of natural resources*:
- Yellow bin: packaging with the Green Dot or “Grüne Punkt”
- Blue bin: e.g. used paper, newspapers, brochures, jotters, cardboard packaging
- Bio-waste container: e.g. solid kitchen waste, bones, meat, fruit and vegetables, grassland waste
- Glass container (normally in a public area): all bottles and glass
- Residual waste bin: anything that cannot be put in the other bins, with the exceptions of hazardous substances, medication, dyes and paints, electronic waste, bulky waste etc.
* TLG IMMOBILIEN strives to provide receptacles for all types of waste at all locations, where the circumstances permit. Unfortunately, this is not always fully possible for structural reasons – please accept our apologies!
Water and waste water
- Use water sparingly
- Always fill dishwashers and washing machines or use an economy programme
- Only set the water temperature as high as absolutely necessary
- Have dripping taps or running toilets repaired immediately
- Do not put medication, food scraps, dyes, paint, construction materials etc. down the drain or flush them down the toilet